The Content Writer/Subtitles Creator provides professional subtitles and captions for film studios, TV production companies, broadcasters and corporations, covering feature films, TV series, documentaries and promotional videos.
As an English Subtitler, you will be required to create, reformat and edit subtitles for videos to be distributed on a variety of platforms such as Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Google and Hulu. The captions and subtitles must represent perfect English grammar, and you will need to be able to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax, and individual clients’ captioning style. You will be trained on our proprietary cloud based system.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented and is able to shift priorities as required on a daily basis to accommodate the changing needs of our clients. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment to meet needs of the client. Strong writing and editing skills preferred.
Desired experience & skills
•Background in English — preferably a university degree in English, Journalism or related field
•Subtitling, Content Writing and editing experience a bonus but not required
•Fast and accurate typing skills — minimum 60 wpm
•Familiarity with using search engines to research people, places and unfamiliar terms
•Knowledge in Microsoft Office
•Comfortable in adapting to new software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an interest in language
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and to deadline with minimal supervision.
- Able to work overtime depending on client deadlines.
- Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Able to learn to use specific, subtitle-centric computer programs
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional listening skills
- Able to comprehend and communicate complex technical topics and specialized information
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Subtitle Team to ensure project requirements are met.
- Become familiar with the subtitling industry’s best practices and with linguistic, textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories.
- Perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to work well under pressure. Must have an energetic, positive and professional attitude.
• Keen interest in developing knowledge of linguistic issues and ability to obtain information and solve problems concerning languages in which you are not fluent.
Skills & experience
• Some technical understanding of Film and Digital Cinema is preferred but not a must.
• Good word-processing skills
• Passion for film, English language
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Excellent Salary Package
- Monthly Performance Bonus
- Pick & Drop Facility
- In-House Cafeteria
- Health Insurance Facility
- Provident Fund
- Loan Facility
- Employee Recreational Facilities