JOB SUMMARY: A Streams (Audio/Video/Subtitle) tech Subtitle Editor – will objectively perform extensive and detailed inspections and assessments of audio, video and subtitle streams for high source film/TV content. An excellent candidate must be able to identify errors and artefacts and report these findings into a database system in a clear, concise and easy-to-read manner.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and KPI’s
- To review files over video backgrounds in the company’s subtitling software, checking for the following: sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues, positioning of subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text, querying and/or correcting problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with various clients.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure project requirements are met.
- To become familiar with the textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories. To perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- Work with the team to update streams QC workflows, guidelines and day-to-day practices to improve the overall quality and capacity.
- Responsible for checking audio, video and subtitle final media compilation and reporting any errors.
- An excellent standard of written English, including spelling grammar and meticulous attention to detail. Able to proofread, review and correct own work as well as text and scripts created by others to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and processes and react positively to change.
- Strong time-management skills. Able to work under pressure, prioritise and produce high quality subtitles to tight deadlines.
- Able to remain calm, think quickly and make good editorial decisions within the unpredictable and pressurised environment of live television
- Show initiative and the ability to work flexibly and/or adapt to changing circumstances.
- Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of own work at all times.
- A commitment to continuous improvement in performance on a team and individual basis
Basic Salary: 22,000/-
Performance Bonus: 5,000/-
Conveyance Allowance: 3000/- if company pick and drop not provided