Limegreen media a sister concern company of ePlanet communications is hiring Tech QC editor. The following are scope of role and responsibilities
The Tech QC Editor is responsible for checking all technical aspects of a subtitle stream which includes syncing, positioning, over length subtitles, exceeding required event duration, etc.
The Tech QC Editor is also required to generate subtitle downloads and match proxy with the time-in code and frame rate according to client specifications.
The position requires attention to detail, following strict guidelines, check lists and instructions, detail oriented and have ability to comprehend complex technical topics.
Pays precise attention to detail and initiates and monitors self-checking procedures; ensures high levels of accuracy and consistent quality. Monitors quality and devises systems to support continuous self-improvement.
• To receive, check and prepare files supplied in various formats (EBU/STL, XML, RTF etc.) from our clients.
• To review files over video backgrounds in the company’s subtitling software, checking for the following: sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues, positioning of subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text, querying and/or correcting problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with various clients.
• To convert subtitle streams using proprietary subtitle software.
• To track all Tech workflow on a continual basis through the company’s project management system, ensuring work is completed according to schedule.
• To work collaboratively with other members of the Tech Team to ensure project requirements are met.
• To become familiar with the subtitling industry’s best practices and with linguistic, textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories. To perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
• Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new software programs.
• Previous experience with situations requiring time management and working to deadlines will be a bonus.
• Creative and technical mindset.
• Consistent individual, who can display best end result possible, in the shortest amount of time possible.
• English content writing experience is highly desirable.
• Bachelors in Media or related field is desirable.
- Monthly Performance Bonus
- Pick & Drop Facility
- In-House Cafeteria
- Health Insurance Facility
- Provident Fund
- Employee Recreational Facilities