Synopsis: The Content Writer/Subtitles Creator provides professional subtitles and captions for film studios, TV production companies, broadcasters and corporations, covering feature films, TV series, documentaries and promotional videos.
As an English subtitle creator, the individual will be required to create, reformat and edit subtitles for videos to be distributed on a variety of platforms such as Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Google and Hulu. The captions and subtitles must represent perfect English grammar, and the ideal candidate must be able to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax, and individual clients’ captioning style. On-job training will be provided to the selected candidate on our proprietary cloud based system.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented with the ability to shift priorities as required on a daily basis to accommodate the changing needs of our clients. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment to meet needs of the client.
- Create, reformat and edit subtitles for videos to be distributed on a variety of platforms such as Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Google and Hulu.
- Detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax, and individual clients’ captioning style.
- Partner with the quality control team to track and triage issues.
- Work on various subtitling projects and ensure timely delivery of the assigned work.
- Work closely with the editor to determine what needs to be subtitled each day.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an interest in language
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and on time with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently and as a team player.
- Able to learn to use specific, subtitle-centric computer programs.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional listening skills.
- Able to comprehend and communicate complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the subtitling team to ensure project requirements are met.
- Become familiar with the subtitling industry’s best practices and with linguistic, textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories.
- Perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in English — preferably a university degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Subtitling, content writing and editing experience will be a bonus, but not required.
- Fast and accurate typing skills — minimum 60 wpm.
- Familiar with using search engines to research people, places and unfamiliar terms.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable in adapting to new software.
- Some technical understanding of film and digital cinema is preferred, but not a must.
- Good word-processing skills.
- Passion for English language films.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to work well under pressure. Must have an energetic, positive and professional attitude.
- Keen interest in developing knowledge of linguistic issues and ability to obtain information and solve problems concerning languages in which you are not fluent.
*The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.