Synopsis: Transcription, editing and translation services
Media & Entertainment transcription, editing and translation services Team Lead owns the operational support of all assigned activities related to multiple areas in the media and entertainment content formatting field, client satisfaction, stakeholder management and related core processes.
The Team Leader develops and executes strategy, plans and processes to ensure the Service Level Agreements of the campaign are being met and staff are performing to the optimal level of efficiencies. They drive the implementation of best practices across complex, business and support processes with multiple inter-dependencies and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan for each phase of a project, and serves as a liaison between the company and the clients to facilitate workflow.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others on set Service Level Agreements.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Trains and develops new and existing team members on a variety of project aspects, including software and technical skills.
- 2 -5 years of experience in Team Leading / Project Management and/or in a senior operations management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in media or related field is preferred, but not a must.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to investigate issues and determine the proper path to closure which results in the appropriate business impact.
- Ability to roll up sleeves tactically, drill into issues, and methodically figure out problems and suitable solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with people.
- Training compiling and facilitation skills.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Good analytical, organizational, interpersonal, managerial, oral and written communication, and project management skills.
- Can apply confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations.
- A commitment to self-improvements and must lead by example.
- Motivate team to strive for self-improvements with established succession planning and performance management/enhancement processes.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Day-to-day management of all campaign operations, including staff management, client management, task processing and work fulfillment within tight deadlines.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of products & procedures and suggest adjustments and enhancements intended to increase productivity.
- Lead and facilitate training of all support staff in variety of areas.
- Plan and implement business operations support to ensure flawless performance.
- Lead a team of, including but not limited to, transcribers, translators and censorship editors by providing the framework, performance metrics, tools while continually evolving the organization and processes.
- Ensure issues are appropriately prioritized and resolved based on business impact and ensure root-cause analysis is conducted consistently and improvements are implemented that yield efficiencies and lowers the re-occurrence of issues.
- Ensure test matrices that support the delivery of optimal results are consistently monitored and staff are coached accordingly to meet the requirements.
- Responsible for driving and coordinating activities across client requests, IT department and campaign team members for new project releases, updates, issue escalations and process development.
- Responsible for the execution of new requests and updates from clients.
- Establish dashboard metrics and reporting to evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of operational support processes through real time monitoring tools.
- Continually evolve the processes to achieve objectives.
- Develops strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; uses technology to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information in American English.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Sales Skills – Maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work outputs.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Uses equipment and materials properly.
*The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.