Synopsis: Excellent English language skills with good knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
The Subtitle Quality Control Editor/Team Leader will be responsible for the tracking, downloading, converting and QC of all subtitle streams. Files, which are prepared in accordance with various style guides are to be used across multiple content provider systems as well as for authoring purposes.
This position requires attention to detail, and following strict guidelines, check lists and instructions. The ideal candidate must have the ability to comprehend complex technical topics. A good knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation is required along with computer literacy. The Subtitle Quality Control Editor/Team Leader must be detail oriented and has the ability to initiate and monitor self-checking procedures/systems; ensure high levels of accuracy and consistent quality.
- To receive, check and prepare files supplied in various formats (EBU/STL, XML, RTF etc.) from our clients.
- To review files over video backgrounds in the company’s subtitling software, checking for the following: sync, cue accuracy, text corruption and content issues, positioning of subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text, querying and/or correcting problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with various clients.
- To convert subtitle streams using proprietary subtitle software
- To track all subtitling workflow on a continual basis through the company’s project management system, ensuring work is completed according to schedule.
- To work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure project requirements are met.
- To become familiar with the subtitling industry’s best practices and with linguistic, textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories. To perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issue.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete tasks.
- Ability to work in a team or on own.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Experience of using MS Windows and/or Apple Mac environments.
- Proactive approach to work.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to quickly and efficiently learn new software programs.
- Previous experience with situations requiring time management and working to deadlines will be a bonus.
- Creative and technical mindset.
- Consistent individual, who can display best end result possible, in the shortest amount of time possible.
- English content writing experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelors in Media or related field is desirable.
- Ability to work in a PC-based, detail-oriented and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to follow guidelines.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to provide feedback and coaching to individuals on their QC results.
- Approachable with excellent organizational skills
- Highly responsible individual, who takes pride in completing tasks to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- The individual must be punctual and appears consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- The individual must be dependable; follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
*The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.